Family/Friend Visit Visa
Documents to be submitted:
(Thank you for submitting your documents in that order)
1. A passport or official travel document issued within the last 10 years with a validity that exceeds the end of your intended stay by at least 3 months. Please make sure your passport has at least 2 double spare pages to affix the visa.
2. One visa application form and two recent passport-size photos. The application form must be completely filled in and signed.
3. Proof of financial means in the country of residence: bank statements covering at least 3 months, credit cards, traveller cheques, tax income papers, real estate property…
4. In case a pledge from a guarantor (“Tenlasteneming” or “Prise en charge”) is signed in Belgium:
The guarantor of Belgian nationality must reside in Belgium. The guarantor of foreign nationalitymust be allowed to stay in Belgium for an unlimited time.
The document can be obtained from the guarantor’s municipality where it has to be certified. It is valid for 6 months after its issue.
Official proof of sufficient solvency of the guarantor: copy of the guarantor’s recent salary sheets, covering the last 3 months /guarantor’s most recent tax sheet/ other official proof of the guarantor’s solvency. Remark: a letter from the bank or deposit account statement will not do.
A photocopy of the identity card or the unlimited residence permit of the guarantor.
An original and authenticated Certificate of family composition on the name of the guarantor, issued by his/her municipality in Belgium.
5. Proof of lodging, i.e. hotel reservations, rental of holiday home, stay with a family member or friend.
6. Proof of family/friend relation. (The documents regarding the family relation must be legalized, but not translated).
7. Proof of integration into the country of residence: family ties, professional status.
8. If you are a minor, please present written consent of a parent or guardian having the care and custody of you. This consent must be translated and legalized. Thank you for also submitting a birth certificate of the minor (translated and legalized).
9. If you work or study: proof of approval for holidays.
10. Proof of travel/accident insurance to cover possible medical expenses, hospitalization costs and/or repatriation for medical reasons while travelling in Belgium or in other Schengen countries, with medical cover for at least € 30.000. Please provide a photocopy and the original contract which will be returned to you. You will have to show proof of travel/accident insurance when entering the Schengen area.
11. In case of travelling beyond the Schengen area, foreign visa of the country (-ies) that will be visited.
12. Your flight reservation (return ticket).
13. At the collection of your visa: your flight ticket (original + copy).
- The application may be lodged at least 3 weeks before the intended departure date (but not more than 3 months before the journey).
- The documents provided must be recent.
- The original documents have to be presented with 1 set of copies if the application is introduced in Hanoi, with 2 sets of copies if it is introduced in Ho Chi Minh City. If the documents are not in French, Dutch, German or English, they have to be presented with a translation from a sworn translator.
- All the official documents must be recent and legalized by the competent Local authorities and Belgian authorities and must be translated (+ translation legalized) in an official language of Belgium. For more information regarding legalization, please click here.
- The documents listed above are only the basic documents to be submitted in all cases. Additional documents may be requested by the Embassy.
- All introductions of false of falsified documents can lead to a judicial inquiry.