Home Travel to Belgium Visa for Belgium
Visa for Belgium
Information on the GDPR – Data Protection
Please consult the following links to get more information about General Data Protection Regulation concerning the processing of personal data in the Visa Information System (VIS) provided upon short stay visa applications and the processing of personal data in the context of a visa application.
- Where, when and how can you submit your visa application?
- How much is the handling fee (cost for processing your visa application)?
- Required documents
- Checking the status of your visa application
- Legalization of documents, accredited translators, certified doctors (medical certificate)
1. Where, when and how can you submit a visa application?
Before applying, please ensure that Belgium is your main destination and that you are very clear on your purpose of travel.
1. Determine your visa type(s) here
2. Fill in your electronic application form
3. Once the applicant have printed and signed the electronic form and gathered the documents, they are requested to book an appointment through VFS to submit their visa application. Please follow the instructions given on the website of VFS. Please note that after submitting their application, some applicants will need to present themselves for an interview at the Embassy.
All applications should be lodged at the Belgian Visa Application Center:
- Hanoi: Ocean Park Building – 2nd Floor, 01 Dao Duy Anh Street, Phuong Mai Ward, Dong Da District, Ha Noi City, Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City: Resco Building – 3rd Floor, 94-96 Nguyen Du Street, Ben Nghe Ward, Dist. 1, HCMC, Vietnam.
- Danang: ACB Building – 6th Floor, 218 Bach Dang Street, Phuoc Ninh Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City, Vietnam
Personal appearance is in principle compulsory. For specific information regarding biometry in Vietnam, click here.
Call center: +84 28 3521 2002
Website: English or Vietnamese
Diplomatic and official passport holders can submit their visa applications directly at the Embassy. Appointments can only be made via e-mail: email@example.com.
Processing time: Don’t wait until the last moment to submit your visa application. The decision making time might be longer during some periods (summer months, holiday season). Therefore, make sure to submit your visa early enough.
2. How much is the handling fee (cost for processing your visa application)?
The price of the visa varies and depends on the visa type. The exchange rate is determined by the Public Federal Service Foreign Affairs in Belgium and may fluctuate. Click here for the fee overview. The same is subject to change without notice. Please note that the visa fee is non-refundable.
An additional contribution fee is required for the processing of certain Long Stay visa-D applications, in which case you will be requested to submit a proof of payment of this additional contribution fee as a part of your visa application. If you are unable to do so at the time of the submission of your application, the application will be considered inadmissible.
Please note that the handling fee is to be paid at the time of submission of the application. In case the applicant is exempt from paying the handling fee, he or she is not automatically exempted from paying the additional contribution.
This contribution fee can be paid by either the applicant or a third person (family members, acquaintance, sponsor, guarantor, etc.). This contribution should be paid into the account of the Immigration Office in Belgium. We recommend you to carefully consult the website of the Immigration Office with regards to the amount of the contribution and the manner in which this is to be paid.
- Any bank charges or charges related to the transfer will need to be borne by the applicant or whomever performs the transfer.
- In the event that you have not paid the full amount, you will have an additional 30 days to transfer the additional amount. If you do not provide the proof that the full amount was paid within this period, the amount already paid will not be reimbursed and the application will be inadmissible.
- The contribution will likewise not be reimbursed in the event of a refusal of the visa.
3. Required documents
You will find all conditions for entering on the FPS Home Affairs - Immigration Office website, the only competent authority for the admittance, stay, residence and removal of foreigners. For general information in Dutch and French.
For specific information related to Vietnam, please consult the necessary documents that needs to be submitted for a visa application.
Submit a complete file: Read attentively the information about the necessary documents to be provided before submitting your file. If the Consulate needs to ask for additional documents before being able to take a decision or before sending your file to the Immigration Office in Belgium, you might not receive your visa on time.
4. Checking the status of your visa application
Belgian embassies and consulates general must submit certain visa applications to the Immigration Office of the Federal Public Service Home Affairs for a final decision. It is the only competent authority with regards to the admittance, stay, residence and removal of foreigners from Belgian territory.
You can follow the status/evolution and information on the average processing time per category of visa application of your application with the Track your application App on the website of the Immigration Office: in Dutch and French. You need to request your visa application’s file number by email firstname.lastname@example.org, mention clearly your exact last and first name as mentioned on your passport, your passport number and your date of birth.
Questions regarding the exact processing times of a visa application cannot be answered by email or phone. The Belgian Embassy will inform you personally once a decision has been taken.
5. Legalization of documents, accredited translators, certified doctors (medical certificate)
- For general information on legalization of documents and accredited translators, click here.
- For general information on medical certificates and list of accredited clinics of the Embassy of Belgium, click here. A medical certificate is required whenever an applicant has to prove that he is not carrying any disease that might endanger public health.
- You can find more forms related to your visa application here.
For information and questions concerning the practical modalities for filing a visa application (appointment booking,...), please contact VFS directly:
- Website: https://www.vfsglobal.com/Belgium/Vietnam
- Email: email@example.com
- Hotline: +84 28 3521 2002
You can also send us an email through firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not overload the telephone lines and the mailbox of the visa section if the answer to your question can be found here on this website.
If you cannot find the answer to your questions on the mentioned links, we kindly ask you to contact us through email@example.com with your specific question and the subject in the title of your mail starting with: ANSWER NOT FOUND. Please include in your mail also the name, SURNAME and birthdate of the (future) visa applicant. We reply to these enquiries generally within three working days.